This week we lead on community and business leaders in Castleford who fear a home for men with drug and alcohol problems could affect the town’s regeneration hopes.
Also in news:
- A pub - which devoted dad Chris Embling built in memory of his son - is in the running to win a national award.
- Long-standing derelict sites across the district could be transformed under new regeneration plans.
- Castleford Tigers players past and present paid their respects at the funeral of the club’s chairman Jack Fulton.
- Pontefract’s former police station has been demolished without the correct planning permission says Wakefield Council.
- We also have a special report on how NHS funding cuts could affect you.
- Featherstone’s squad for next season has started to take shape with the signing of Anthony Thackeray and Jonny Davies.
- Castleford Tigers will be represented in this autumn’s internationals with Luke Gale earning his first England senior call-up, but captain Michael Shenton will miss out after being part of the squad last year.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s first-team in the Yorkshire League Premier Division made a winning start to the season by beating Halifax side Queens 4-1.
- Fryston AFC maintained their 100 per cent start in the Premier Division of the Castleford Sunday League when they beat third-placed Castleford Town 7-2.
- Exclusive half price entry to Flamingo Land.