In today’s Pontefract and Castleford Express our top story is about a man who has appeared in court charged with causing the death of a Pontefract teenager by driving dangerously.
Also in news:
- Inspirational teenager Victoria Newmarch – who is recovering from treatment for a rare tumour – was treated to a four-day yacht trip around the south coast.
- A man who was no longer considered a risk to the public attacked a vulnerable woman and subjected her to a terrifying ordeal less than three weeks after he was released from prison.
- Castleford youngster Cameron Harper - who has cerebral palsy - could be just weeks away from having an operation to help him walk for the first time.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Andy Hay is working hard to strengthen his squad for next season when rugby league’s new structure starts.
- Castleford Tigers skipper Michael Shenton tells of his delight after capping an outstanding season by being named in England’s squad for the Four Nations tournament in Australia and New Zealand.
- Action photographs, match report and reaction from Featherstone’s Grand Final defeat against Leigh Centurions on Sunday.
- Rangi Chase was a winner at Pontefract races on Monday and we have a full report from the meeting plus photographs.
- A full round up of junior rugby league and junior soccer match reports.
- All the latest soccer, amateur rugby league, rugby union, squash, angling, pool, snooker and quiz league news.