Weather warning as gusts of up to 60mph set to batter Wakefield
Winds of up to 60mph are set to hit Wakefield in a day of wild and windy weather on Tuesday.
Gusts of 50-60mph are likely, with 70-75 mph winds around some of the most exposed coastal and upland areas.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning, starting at 5am on Tuesday and finishing at 9pm.
What to expect:
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
- Probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible
- It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves